Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Great Morning

I happened to listen to Broadcast Bureau this morning and got awed by the simplicity of the program presentation. It was just like listening to a small talk grounded with music using a personal network connection.

I texted, and they texted back asking for my name. I was thinking, well everyone should have a name as I join the junk of texters probably asking for a song to be played. However I was wrong... the style can't be a piece of junk. I felt there was just how many of us trying to reminisce the past but I could not be sure. I was thinking, maybe oldies from the high society of the metropolis listened too; or there could be more of me not young but not too old. All of us must have gotten a glimpsed of the past through our parents...yap, the past because the jock who sounded old, played songs from my Father's era. Wow! His pace was just too laid back, slow but not boring...and it was just like a voice of an aged person wanting to communicate his own passion for music that the society seemed to have forgotten overtime; talking about artist known perhaps by 5 percent of the present populace. And being first timer to the station, I managed to stay glued for another 5 minutes and I had noticed it was addicting. Maybe because Im beginning to age and my choice of music just shifted accordingly. But no, the truth was I felt a different sensation. I felt an urge to text again and tell them I want to do time travel and listen to the song sitting beside my Dad. In fact I did, towards the end of the show.

Figuratively, It roused a feeling of getting back to the past, a feeling that was never evoked when I became a DJ myself seventeen years ago. Of course I cant deny that there was a feeling of Nostalgia whenever I hear songs from the past and it pained me again.

The feeling this mornng though wasn't painful at all. It was inspiring me to lay down and imagine things, good memories specifically that of my Dad. Well. maybe part of it was of my Mom....and it felt good than bad.

In fact, I must admit that It was a do-away from the usual and noisy mornings I had with Mojo JOJo, Dj Mo and Grace. I realized, I only listened to them because I like to be curius each day how CoNiO's think about many things in life and be able to identify the difference of their views from that of the ordinary people. It's more of wanting to analyze the gap between the two facets of reality; that between the rich and the poor.

Magic's morning programming and those stations with the same format is likely for my brain but that of BB and other stations with such format is for my heart. If you want to try and see for yourself you can listen to the morning show at 104.3 Broadcast Bureau.

Tell me if we have different outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment